[Set update] Splatterhouse 2

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
kyu-sawamura
New Around Here

Post by kyu-sawamura »

I logged, trimmed and compressed all the tracks again, and tagged them based upon their order of appearance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kyu-sawamura on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Thanks for your work, kyu-sawamura. Your updated set has been added to the Google Drive July Update Pack, and the changelog has been updated, along with the removal of the old set!
kyu-sawamura
New Around Here

Post by kyu-sawamura »

Thank you, Monkeymook.
However, I've been listening to the soundtrack again and comparing it with the sound list log as well as the progression log I made of the game (to verify where each music played), and I think I should redefine the tag for one of the tracks ("Stage 3-2").
The thing is, I didn't really consider that fetus room part to be a boss since it's a series of hazards more than anything, but being at the end of the level and having a dedicated ending sequence, I'm not sure it can qualify as just a phase.
What do you think about this?
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

kyu-sawamura wrote:Thank you, Monkeymook.
However, I've been listening to the soundtrack again and comparing it with the sound list log as well as the progression log I made of the game (to verify where each music played), and I think I should redefine the tag for one of the tracks ("Stage 3-2").
The thing is, I didn't really consider that fetus room part to be a boss since it's a series of hazards more than anything, but being at the end of the level and having a dedicated ending sequence, I'm not sure it can qualify as just a phase.
What do you think about this?

I'd personally have it marked as an ending sequence, but if it stands on it's own as an individual track and represents a separate section of the game, then I'd record it separately. You can always make two tracks, one that has it as a part of the previous track, and a separate track that is only that section.

Taking a look at a copy of the soundtrack on YT, there are some tracknames that correspond differently on the tracks. (Granted, they're not the official tracknames, but they give us more insight on the structure of the song in-game, considering I've never played it.)

Presuming that you're referring to tracks that are in your set, I'm seeing that "Stage 3-2 - Stage 5-2" is listed as "Bloodpuppets Stage 3-2 - Stage 5-2", and "12 - Stage 3-2 End" is listed as "Bloodpuppets Defeated". I'm noticing that there is also a track referred to as "Boss Defeated". Does that "Boss Defeated" track play at the event that each boss is defeated, and this "Stage 3-2 End" track play at the end of the Bloodpuppets stage, as opposed to the default "Boss Defeated" stage music? As in, does it have a different jingle at the end of the Bloodpuppets battle as opposed to the other boss battles?

If the latter is the case, I'd leave it separate, and mark it accordingly. If it's actually part of the stage, then I'd integrate it with the Stage 3-2 track.
kyu-sawamura
New Around Here

Post by kyu-sawamura »

The tracks are separate and do play separately. "Stage 3-2 End" only plays expressly when you've beat that bloodpuppets part, as opposed to the boss defeated track that plays at the end of all the other levels (except for when you defeat that fly/spider-like boss from stage 4, and the octopus chasing the speedboat in stage 8, those two have no ending sequence music).

The question is, should I keep "Stage 3-2 / Stage 5-2" as it is, or should I rename it "Boss 3 / Stage 5-2"? I'm not sure I want to call it "bloodpuppets" because I'm not sure if any of these boss names is actually official or if it's some sort of collective agreement to call them that.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

kyu-sawamura wrote:The question is, should I keep "Stage 3-2 / Stage 5-2" as it is, or should I rename it "Boss 3 / Stage 5-2"? I'm not sure I want to call it "bloodpuppets" because I'm not sure if any of these boss names is actually official or if it's some sort of collective agreement to call them that.

I personally think Boss 3 / Stage 5-2 fits a little better.

On a separate note, I totally agree; sorry if I made it seem like the tracks should be renamed to reflect the bosses or something. Stage * and Boss * are perfectly acceptable. I was just using the tracknames as references to identify if they were separate songs/jingles or not.
kyu-sawamura
New Around Here

Post by kyu-sawamura »

No worries. And thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll update the set now.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Your new fixes and updates have been added to the Update Pack. Thanks for your contributions!