That sounds like SNES music on Sega CD.
Some issues I've found:
- a description file would be nice (pack version would be sth. like 0.90 or 0.95)
- Japanese tags should be in Japanese letters
- I would remove the "Generated by Gens/GS" tag - that's usually noted in the desciption file (if
But I like that you included sound test numbers.
- some songs (005 and 013) have no loops (actually the loop info is partly there)
-> I'm sure one of my tools that causes that. Could you please post the untrimmed files with sample offsets so that I can fix this?
- the music could be a little louder and the PSG and YM2612 are emulated but not used
-> Download vgm_ptch from here
(in case you already have it, please redownload) and run a bat-file with the following text:
- Code: Select all
for %%f in (*.vgz) do vgm_ptch -Strip:PSG;YM2612 -SetVolMod:0x24 "%%f"
That removes all PSG and YM2612 data from the vgzs in the directory and sets the volume modifier (or replay gain) to +6.75 db.
Btw: Still on my todo list is an easy-to-use tool that calculates the volume modifier from vgm2wav files.