Ultimate Set Information Updating Thread

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
Koto
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Koto »

The Phantasy Star II Text Adventures have their own soundtrack. Even each game have different tunes :P (But all share a Title and Ending theme).

Next month I'll start to work with all these sets. Thanks for the composer info!

See ya
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Post by dissident93 »

interesting, I may have to check to see if they have credits then.
Doommaster1994
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Doommaster1994 »

(Almost) completed Bible Adventures. There's one song I can't rip due to interfering sound effects (the stage clear music). Does anyone know if you can take out the interfering SFX from a VGM file?
Other than that, each of the 3 games have the same music. I took time to play through the pieces of crap just to clarify...
neologix

Post by neologix »

Doommaster1994 wrote:Does anyone know if you can take out the interfering SFX from a VGM file?

It's a double-edged sword: on one hand it's doable (I've hex-edited YM2612 events into/out of a VGM file before) but on the other hand most games have SFX completely replace the events that would have originally been on those channels. Even if you remove the SFX events from the dump, the original music data that would have been in those channels is essentially lost forever unless you can hex-edit them back in (e.g. from another loop of that song).
Doommaster1994
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Yikes! Doesn't look like I'll be doing that then. If only there was a way to disable the game's sounds. Funny that there's an option to turn off the music but not the sound. I've been able to hack and disable sounds in a few GG/SMS games, but never for Genesis.
Koto
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Koto »

Log the vgm file with sound, and then check out which channel plays SFX. Valleybell is supposed to remove channel info with a tool not released yet...
Doommaster1994
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Sounds good, I'll try that. I have another idea as well.
The sound plays when a new line of text appears on screen. I think it's run on a timer before the next line of text appears. If I could find the timer and freeze it, that should also work. The only problem is I don't know how to do that. I know there's GENS with the modified hex viewer, but that would be too tedious.

EDIT: Okay I was able to find a code that will disable the sound, so that's good. Now I can log it. With that said, Bible Adventures is officially complete!
Koto
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Koto »

dissident93, both of us have worked in the Mahjong Cop Ryuu lately... Check out my set in Koto folder, and let's see if we can made an united set.
Doommaster1994
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Bible Adventures is in the Dropbox folder now. For Mahjong Cop Ryuu, I played through the game so I could probably help with a track name or two. Or, I could give you a code where you can automatically beat an opponent. Makes it easy to beat the game. The only problem I had was where you selected between different text options.
Koto
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Koto »

I have beated myself the game, so I think my tagging is pretty acurate :P.