Ultimate Set Information Updating Thread

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
TEOL
Been Here for a Bit

Post by TEOL »

M1FX is pretty awesome especially for getting the bank numbers for the games it supports and learning if the real speed of the tracks are really those in the NTSC or PAL versions of the game.

Listening to Comix Zone right now and the sound quality is great. Just wish someone knew how to hack the Wave log mode into a VGM log mode to be able to make some mad quality VGM hex rips for the games supported.

If someone also knew how to add stuff to the XML and added the rest of the titles from the library to the games scanning list that would also wow me being able to listen to every Megadrive game in M1FX straight.

But yeah would love to see an M1FX VGN Log mode myteriously pop up even if it's by a different user than MAMESick who added the Wave log mode for us as well as that XML file changed to run every rom ever made and it's music.

Those tools would help set updating by a high level don't you think if those features magiclly poped up out of nowhere in M1FX?

Doubt any of us are good enough programmers to get those features added in ourselves sadly but I am loving it as a listening player for proper full quality Megadrive none the less.

Heres the source programming files and the player itself.

http://mame32fx.altervista.org/forum/vi ... hp?f=1&t=5
Koto
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Koto »

When will be the next update?
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Koto wrote:When will be the next update?

This, I'm not sure of. But soon (within the month), I hope. Reason being, I don't know how active VB and Doommaster are. Once I complete the sets, pack and compress them and all that fun jazz, then I can upload them on the FTP server, but VB is the one who makes the newly updated/uploaded packs visible and downloadable on the site.

I'm wondering vampi might know how to do that (web stuffs ins't my strong suit).
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

So... have the sets been updated? :P
"Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others"

Founder of the 16-bit audiophile project
http://16bap.theclassicgamer.net
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

donluca wrote:So... have the sets been updated? :P

Over the next week, I'll be working on integrating the new sets posted on the forum into the final set, and see if there's any other 100% complete sets in my dropbox left to add, then I'll go ahead and make a torrent for it and get it posted online.
KeenanW
New Around Here

Post by KeenanW »

Monkeymook wrote:
donluca wrote:So... have the sets been updated? :P

Over the next week, I'll be working on integrating the new sets posted on the forum into the final set, and see if there's any other 100% complete sets in my dropbox left to add, then I'll go ahead and make a torrent for it and get it posted online.

I'll be glad to seed!
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Thank you KeenanW! I certainly appreciate any help you could lend for any uploads that are posted, but I'll leave it up to you on the extent as to which you prefer to seed the content.
Richter X

Post by Richter X »

Cool Spot needs a couple of tags updated. According to the manual "Wall Tune" was done by Steve Henefin (who also made all the PCM samples), and Don(ald) Griffin ("The Monopoly Man") did "Parade Tune", which was also used in Monopoly Deluxe for PC-DOS.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Richter X wrote:Cool Spot needs a couple of tags updated. According to the manual "Wall Tune" was done by Steve Henefin (who also made all the PCM samples), and Don(ald) Griffin ("The Monopoly Man") did "Parade Tune", which was also used in Monopoly Deluxe for PC-DOS.

Sorry for the delay on this, Richter! Your information has been added to this thread.