Thread for off-site updates.

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

NEWEST EDIT: After a two-year hiatus, I have found myself continuing to focus on getting the remaining sets uploaded, and generally checking for more things that can be done here and there. Database updates would be preferred, as well as cosmetic changes, and information on the longevity of the site host as well.

MAJOR EDIT: I am finally picking through the packs that I've been collecting and sorting through, bugfixing, and updating through the last three years, and will soon be adding the packs to the site itself, and not to the forums.

This is a last-resort thread, so-to-speak, to obtain new site updates for packs that have not yet been posted to the site.

Listed are both a torrent of new packs, as well as a shared Google Drive link, which will be available here.

Updated/new packs will be posted as they are uploaded to the site, and will be integrated into the main pack once every 6 months (June/December).

Complete pack as of July 19th, 2017
Torrent: [Demonoid throws an error upon trying to make the January torrent. Solution needed.
Google Drive [Site Pack]:

Sets that need to be finished up:

Changelog of new updates:

1st EDIT: As per donluca, I have switched the Google Drive links from zips with VGZs to folders with VGZz. A new link has been added.
2nd EDIT: New links will be added for individual packs and posted here. No longer applies due to pack update links.
3rd EDIT: A changelog has been added to facilitate whether packs that are included have been modified or updated.
4th EDIT: The May update pack has been replaced with a June update pack, due to the May sets actually being uploaded in June. No longer applies due to January Pack Rollup.
5th EDIT: Added a folder link for sets that have been uploaded to the forum from years back, but were never completed.
6th EDIT: November folder has been added for set additions/updates, which inherits all August, September, and October sets. No longer applies due to January Pack Rollup.
7th EDIT: December folder has been added for set additions/updated, but is empty for the time being, as all packs were integrated into the November folder. No longer applies due to January Pack Rollup.
8th EDIT: All subsequent updates have been rolled into Site Pack Folder.
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

Wow, demonoid still in business? Color me surprised, I remember using it for years.

Also, thanks for the torrent, downloading right now. I'll also forward it to our project staff who have good internet for seeding.

EDIT: a quick heads-up: I can't connect to the tracker and I'm unable to download the torrent.
Google Drive, on the other hand, is working perfectly. I already have the folder synchronized on my Mac.
I might write a guide on how to do that, it's really, really simple.
"Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others"

Founder of the 16-bit audiophile project
http://16bap.theclassicgamer.net
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

One more thing:

Since you're using .vgz format, there's no need to compress them into zip files, it's redundant.

My advice is to use folders on Google Drive instead of zips for three reasons:

1 - Those who have the sets synced in their computers (meaning that they have the google drive software to have them in a local folder) have to extract the zips every time they want to listen to their VGMs
2 - If you have to update a single track in a set, you have to rebuild the zip and upload it instead of uploading the single track.
3 - Google Drive gives you the option to download a folder as a zip

Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

donluca wrote:I can't connect to the tracker and I'm unable to download the torrent.

It looks like there's been a few people able to download it already. I'm unsure as to whether they still have the three-download limitation for unregistered users, or if you have to create an account there.

I'll look into it. I'll probably end up switching to a piratebay torrent.

donluca wrote:Google Drive, on the other hand, is working perfectly. I might write a guide on how to do that, it's really, really simple.

I was hoping I did things right. Glad to hear it worked.

donluca wrote:My advice is to use folders on Google Drive instead of zips

Done!

donluca wrote:Wow, demonoid still in business? Color me surprised, I remember using it for years.

True! It was the first tracker I was ever on, and I joined almost immediately once I was in college. It always has a place in my heart.
Demonoid Join Date wrote:Monkeymook
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

mmm I still see zips in the Google Drive. Try looking into it when you have time!

Btw, April 20th 2006 is my join date on Demonoid! Good lord how time flies!

Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

donluca wrote:mmm I still see zips in the Google Drive. Try looking into it when you have time!

Apparently my computer hibernated when I left for work, and stopped about halfway through syncing.

I'm back online, and the issue will be resolved within the hour.
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

Just checked and there are still zip files, no folders :(

Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

New link was posted. Try now, donluca.
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

Working perfectly! Synchronizing right now.

I'll write a short and simple guide on how to use Google Drive during the weekend.

epilis
New Around Here

Post by epilis »

One of the best things EVER! This site is a gold mine and the pack download is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks for putting this together!!
HUM, IT IS STRIDER HIRYU. HE WILL NEVER LEAVE EURASIA ALIVE.