Project2612

Packs that need work. [June 23rd, 2017]

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!

Postby ValleyBell » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:32 pm

The pack of Zoom! needs to be reripped. The tempo is off in the current pack due to the sound driver doing things to the YM2612 timers that the old emulation didn't handle properly.

The tempo in this longplay is correct, the one in this video isn't. (The music is supposed to sync with the stage intro animation.)
ValleyBell
Board Regular

Postby KeenanW » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:02 pm

ValleyBell wrote:The pack of Zoom! needs to be reripped. The tempo is off in the current pack due to the sound driver doing things to the YM2612 timers that the old emulation didn't handle properly.

The tempo in this longplay is correct, the one in this video isn't. (The music is supposed to sync with the stage intro animation.)

I've played that game since I was a kid and it's definitely the tempo in the second video for me. At least for an NTSC console, original cart/EverDrive on a Model 1 and 2.
KeenanW
New Around Here

Postby ValleyBell » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:22 am

I asked Whooa21 to check the game for me and he confirmed that the slower music is what plays on NTSC and PAL hardware. So the current pack is correct.
I still think the music is supposed to play faster and that the way it works is an oversight. (It also causes the music to be slightly faster/slower depending on how long it takes to process music+SFX.)
The slower music might fit PAL regions better though.
ValleyBell
Board Regular

Previous

Return to Set Central