Updates as of December 13th, 2017.

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
Monkeymook

Updates as of April 8, 2014.

Post by Monkeymook »

Apparently, I couldn't pull up any of his pages at work, for whatever reason. As soon as I got home, I could see his bandcamp by looking it up on my home domain.

Anyway, I think the idea of having formats in zip and vgm7z would be great ideas. It'd be nice to have the options of different pack formats.

This would be something that would have to be coded into the site. Unfortunately, that is something I haven't the capabilities for.

ValleyBell suggested the original idea to have zips on the site instead of vgm7z, since the website can't yet parse vgm7z packs.
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Updates as of April 12, 2014.

Post by dissident93 »

Work is currently being done on the SQL database. Major thanks to Valleybell for quickly making a custom tool that makes this drastically easier (other editors read the .sql file like garbage)

There might be a few errors with Japanese kanji though, so could somebody look over them once it's finally applied to the site?
Monkeymook

Updates as of April 15, 2014.

Post by Monkeymook »

Awesome to hear.

I'll continue updating the new additions and editing packs on the FTP as normal.

Do you want me to provide you a listing of all the zip files I have that will be mirrored onto the FTP?
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Updates as of April 15, 2014.

Post by dissident93 »

Actually I need them all physically for the tool to automatically assign some info. (filesize among other things)

leave them all in a folder in Dropbox and I should be done by tomorrow at the latest.
Monkeymook

Updates as of April 17, 2014.

Post by Monkeymook »

dissident93 wrote:Actually I need them all physically for the tool to automatically assign some info. (filesize among other things)

leave them all in a folder in Dropbox and I should be done by tomorrow at the latest.

Got that taken care of. Let me know if you need anything else. I just got the newest stuff updated on the FTP, and edited a few details in some posts I made.
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Post by dissident93 »

SQL database editing is now complete. I won't be handling the actual implementation of it back on the site however, so hopefully nothing was broken in the process.
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

Can I kindly ask to update the news with the set you've changed/added so far?
So I can have the changelog through RSS.

That would really help. :)
"Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others"

Founder of the 16-bit audiophile project
http://16bap.theclassicgamer.net
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Post by dissident93 »

The list of new sets is on the first page.

But here is a composer changelog on Pastebin.

BTW, both Monkeymook and Valleybell have been busy recently, which is why the site still has yet to be updated to reflect all the changes.
TEOL
Been Here for a Bit

Post by TEOL »

So basiclly modship gave you the ability to upload those new sets to the server and modify the SQL Database a bit but you don't have the access with modship to be able to update the site itself as you can only do that part of the SQL in full admin mode?

Sounds logical I guess. I'm sure it won't be much longer now until we finally can see it so thanks for the update on it.
ValleyBell
Board Regular

Post by ValleyBell »

TEOL wrote:upload those new sets to the server
Monkeymook and me can upload to the server. dissident93 just uses a shared Dropbox folder to work with Monkeymook. (please correct me if I'm wrong)
Also, being a mod or admin at the forums has nothing to do with the site itself. There are separate accounts for the site's backend.

TEOL wrote:modify the SQL Database a bit
modify a dump of the SQL database

So far I'm the only one (of the currently active admins) with direct access to the SQL database. And I'm still not sure what the home page will do when you try to post >600 updates at once.
But I'll look into that when I have enough time.