Updates as of December 13th, 2017.

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
Monkeymook

Updates as of March 26, 2014.

Post by Monkeymook »

Yeah, I see he apparently worked on both games.

Definitely send Kiss Shot to me if you've got it.

Do you have a dropbox account? If so, PM me your email and I'll add you to the shared folder on my account. dissident and I both do work from there, so we have active backups made if need be.
Doommaster1994
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Yup, I'm on Dropbox. I'll send my e-mail right now.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Just got the main page on the site updated with work that is currently In Progress.
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Updates as of March 31, 2014.

Post by dissident93 »

send the missing songs from Kiss Shot to me and I'll finish trimming and add them to the rest.

BTW, is this freezedream stuff a soundtrack from a game or just fan made VGM stuff?
Doommaster1994
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Doommaster1994 »

I already added Kiss Shot to the FTP, but I can re-log the missing VGMs. I think you just need the Ending and Game Over music if I'm not mistaken.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Freezedream is not too important.

It'd be cool to have some VGM music from artists logged, but it's basically just hobby work. It's not for the site.

The album was ridiculously popular when it came out, and now, I can't find a trace of him anywhere on the net. He used to have a bandcamp, and now, I can't even find anything on the guy.
TEOL
Been Here for a Bit

Post by TEOL »

Monkeymook wrote:Just got the main page on the site updated with work that is currently In Progress.

Nice. I don't see it on the front page though the information about these new updates but glad you guys are now listening to us and are finally giving the site the update.

Persistence worked in this case if this update is real although I don't see it yet. So great news from one of the main guys.

Edit: Went to the start of the thread and it appears that it was true. This is truelly awesome thanks guys persistence beats all. Someone talks about if an update is ever going to happen and it is actually happening thanks to a bit of chatting about it fantastic. :)
Monkeymook

Updates as of April 1, 2014.

Post by Monkeymook »

TEOL wrote:Nice. I don't see it on the front page though the information about these new updates

Even though I've got FTP access and mod privs, figuring out how in the hell to get new stuff to update on the site is a pain.

Doommaster, if you want to give me a hand with figuring it out, please don't hesitate to.

TEOL wrote:but glad you guys are now listening to us and are finally giving the site the update.

Honestly, I was a member here once too, just hoping for new stuff all the time, but alas, DP has moved on to other things, it looks like, and lots of the older members here have done the same. After 2008, everything kind of died. I guess it was expected that the site would either die, or someone would pick up a bit of slack and continue on. We've been listening and seeing all the new posts and new packs that people have been working on, but for some of us that are eager to get them on the site, without the ability to access and edit the site, it's difficult, near impossible, if anything.

TEOL wrote:Persistence worked in this case if this update is real although I don't see it yet. So great news from one of the main guys.

I don't know if it was persistence so much, as I've been trying to get site access for nearly a year. Luckily, VB got in contact with DP, and finally gave me access. So believe me, we've been trying, but with busy and constant lives, and the fact that some of us live all the way across the world, it ain't easy. <3
Doommaster1994
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Doommaster1994 »

@Monkeymook - I'd be happy to!

I had originally wanted to become an NSF ripper, but when the NESdev community wouldn't help me out, I turned to dissident93 about VGM logging and he helped me. Still remember my first VGM! Maybe that's a good thing since I can help bring more soundtracks to this site. My main goal is to rip all the obscure/unknown games. Unfortunately, I'm not good with hacking the music though. I really wanted to get Paperboy (GEN) but there is only an option to turn music off and not the sound. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Doommaster1994 wrote:@Monkeymook - I'd be happy to!

I'll shoot you a PM. Getting this stuff online isn't as easy as it looks. Plus, DP's set up with all the damn backups of every pack on there makes it really difficult to pick out.

Doommaster1994 wrote:Maybe that's a good thing since I can help bring more soundtracks to this site. My main goal is to rip all the obscure/unknown games. Unfortunately, I'm not good with hacking the music though. I really wanted to get Paperboy (GEN) but there is only an option to turn music off and not the sound. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.

You're definitely making a huge contribution. I'd like to hope that more people with a bit of knowledge might chip in and lend a hand too (I'm looking at you, VB! ;))