New Set: Ultraman

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
JeffCharizardFlame
New Around Here

Post by JeffCharizardFlame »

Hey!~ Always been interested in doing some rips for the community, and this might actually be my first one that gets released.

While I did hear that the game Ultraman was being logged by someone else at one point, from what I gathered not much progress was made as of late, so I figured I'd settle down and do a log of it myself! Plus, I was inspired to do this by the fact that the SNES version had been logged years ago, but there was never a Mega Drive log done. Well, until now, but you know what I mean.

Huge thanks to ValleyBell for walking me through the process of modifying the game rom to load a scene where music loops normally, and to play a specific song, because without that some of this would not be possible, since the game lacks a typical sound test and the game pauses all music to play a jingle when you pause the game, which is also in the set. Also managed to find an unused song that isn't used anywhere in the game, so that was fun.~

This rip at the moment is in what I call version 0.9, because I've got all the tagging done, but some of the songs I actually couldn't find loop points for that easily besides the SSSP March, and as such I included a text file that brings up what songs need looping. I THINK I've got the songs compressed semi-decently, but if not, let me know.

Hope to do more stuff for the VGM logging community soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Great work! I've saved it so you can remove it if need be, and once I get around to checking these other packs sometime this century, I'll have it uploaded for you!