Ultimate Set Information Updating Thread

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
ValleyBell
Board Regular

Post by ValleyBell »

Oops, forgot to note: It's on the FTP and I replaced the old file in the uploads_new folder.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

No problem. I'll take a look at it.

I'd be happy to add you to the Dropbox folder as well. It makes keeping track of all new updates much easier, since they're all in one location.

Also, would you mind writing up a tool for dissident to update the database on the site?

Also also, I need to get with you about adding new releases to the site as well, and that includes the front page.

I know you're busy with other projects, so there's no hurry, but I'd be able to get new packs on the site if I knew how to handle that mess of a site index.
ValleyBell
Board Regular

Post by ValleyBell »

I just remembered that Sonic Of 8! sent me a VGM pack for Project2612 more than one year ago.
http://www.project2612.org/GameToshokan.vgm7z

btw: I don't have a dropbox account. I've been perfectly fine with FTP so far, so I don't think I need one.
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Downloaded.

The Dropbox would be helpful, at least it would make things easier for us, especially since you seem extremely busy with working on stuff at VGMrips.

And on that subject, since project2612 exists, what will happen once VGMrips has enough momentum to stand on its own?
TEOL
Been Here for a Bit

Post by TEOL »

I say merge the 2612 chip verients arcade tracks from VGM Rips onto 2612 as this is where they belong being a site dedicated to the chip.

For the rest of that place don't know perhaps make it's own front site for the rest but those 2612 and verients arcade rips will be right at home here as far as VGMRips is concerned in this.
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Post by dissident93 »

This site is more dedicated to the Mega Drive system (and it's add ons) rather than the YM2612 (despite it's name :P) Doing this would require the removal of the stuff from VGM Rips (or maybe just a referral link to the set's page here). Maybe after things finally get updated here we'll think about it.

If it were up to me though, I'd have all the sets standardized and in one huge database (maybe just the FM/Yamaha stuff though)
Koto
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Koto »

dissident93 and Doommaster1994, I see you both completed the "Kiss Shot" set. Have you started any more "Sega Net" pack? I have all these games logged and ready for trimming:

16t
Aworg: Hero in the Sky
Medal City
MegaMind
Paddel Fighter
Phantasy Star II Text Adventures (8 games)
Pyramid Magic (I, II, III, Special)
Riddle Wired Quiz Dokusen Kigyo no Hokai
Robot Battler
Shi no Meikyuu Labyrinth of Death (Digital version of Fatal Labyrinth)
Teddy Boy Blues

If you have started any of these, please let me know and I'll step aside.

See ya
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Post by dissident93 »

wow nice. me and Doommaster1994 actually set out to get composer info for all SegaNet games just recently. (although we didn't make any progress regarding VGM sets)

we can help trim them if you want though (and provide missing composer info)
Doommaster1994
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Doommaster1994 »

I haven't worked on those but I did play through most of them and got the composers for them:
16t - Lotty
Aworg: Hero in the Sky - Bambi
Mahjong Cop Ryu - Alal Nakayama, Hyah Maruyama, Adult Hideo Kamei (アルアル なかやま, ヒャー まるやま, アダルトヒデオ かめい)
Medal City - Izuho Numata (Ippo)
Paddle Fighter - S44424 (Sound), T's Music
Pyramid Magic/Pyramid Magic Special - Chikako Kamatani (Tarnya)
Pyramid Magic II - Koichi Namiki (Bluetz Lee)
Pyramid Magic III - Chikako Kamatani, Keisuke Tsukahara, Kazuhiko Nagai, Naofumi Hataya (Tarnya, Thukachan, Nav, Hataban)
Riddle Wired Qiiz Dokusen Kigyo no Hokai - T's Music
Robot Battler - Koichi Namiki (Bluetz Lee)
Hope this helps.
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Post by dissident93 »

btw, do the Phantasy Star II Text Adventure games have the same music as PSII? I just assumed it did, so I never checked.