The 32x

Talk about anything and everything about Sega's 16 Bit console and its addons here - hardware, games, memories. You name it.
killtodeath08
New Around Here

The 32x

Post by killtodeath08 »

What are peoples opinions on it?
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

To be honest I didn't play much on it, I only had 3 games for it Virtua Racing, Cosmic Carnage, and Knuckles' Chaotix.I think it was just an ill conceived add-on, but it did have potential.I recenlty saw a demo video that Zyrinx put together to showcase the graphics of the 32X, and I was blown away.You should be able find it on youtube.
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

I have one, but I've only ever had one game for it (Doom). After playing some games through emulation, I really want to try to get some before they completely disappear. It reminds of the Dreamcast of a sorts: there are alot of mediocre games on it but there are some hidden gems buried within.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

It sucked. The Saturn sucked too. The Dreamcast was okay, but it didn't have as many great games as people say. Same with the Saturn. Sega CD only had a few good games and they could have been done on cartridge. Those were lousy times. Sony didn't have to try very hard to take the lead. Of course hindsight is 20/20, so it's a bit arrogant to say all that. But I just wish that after the Genesis they had followed up with a powerful 32-bit cart or CD system, something stand-alone, easy to program and not that expensive ($200), but instead they were disorganized. Oh well... the Playstation was cool, so it worked out. What's in a brand anyway ?
TmEE

Post by TmEE »

I really hope to get one, there's quite a few great games on the system (Chaotix, Stellar Assault, Tempo, Metal Head)
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

I read about it in issues of Gamefan right around Late 1994/Early 1995. My ruling: It had promise, but the fact the Saturn was right on its heels killed any momentum the thing could have got. Most people simply waited for the Saturn, having seen the vast improvement it would be, and of course, its fight against the Playstation for CD-based supremacy. We all know who won that war. For a good example of what "could have been", take a look at this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F96yVYxNWPI

Still, it did have some nice games for it, and there's definitely a few worth playing.
killtodeath08
New Around Here

Post by killtodeath08 »

An analogy to sum up the 32x: the giant spider of level 36 of a certain game is the boss; when you defeat him he spews out a few smaller spiders from his already departed soul in a feeble attempt to stop you even though he is defeated...

Sadly the sega megadrive was the giant spider... the 32x could not halt its slide... however the megadrive's departed soul is still with all it's fans.

What is the game?

-No, I am not high on drugs lol err...:cool:
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

zombies ate my neighbors?