Cool Spot - Rave (M1FX Wave Log)

Talk about anything and everything about Sega's 16 Bit console and its addons here - hardware, games, memories. You name it.
TEOL
Been Here for a Bit

Post by TEOL »

Heres my M1 rip of Cool Spot - Rave done in M1FX for Windows using Audacity to normalize it to 0.0 for a decent volume. It seems to be one the peoples favorate tune to compare logging programs with so here is thee M1 version to prove that we might have something good going on with my idea of someone making a VGM logging version.

https://app.box.com/s/k0nbuj2vgc8vihh9eqwrhcn3tyfy4mir
Monkeymook

Post by Monkeymook »

Thanks for this, TEOL. It's always nice to have variants to base new developments with.
TEOL
Been Here for a Bit

Post by TEOL »

I noticed on VGM Rips your sister site there was a VGM logging version of M1 already but that was the command line version. In M1FX though you have a user interface and you just click log to wave and thats it would be amazing to have log to VGM in that bad boy but I don't see it happening.

Mamesick is retired and left the source code for it on the net but all the rest of the MD titles ever made need crc adding into the list same with the command line M1 list as it uses the same list and this VGM logging needs adding to make it an even greater tool for ripping.

The guy who maintains the normal command line M1 logging version actually works for this site too so would be amazing if he would add it to the frontend version M1FX but I doubt it though and it's a shame as the command line one is complicated to use to play a track yet alone log with.

Sadly the guy who maintains the m1 list files slacks a bit on megadrive support and only really adds in arcade games now but I'm sure a megadrive expert could make the m1 list more complete for the YM2612 and it's alternative names.