Converting VGMs to 50Hz speed.

Talk about anything and everything about Sega's 16 Bit console and its addons here - hardware, games, memories. You name it.
blindpainkiller

Converting VGMs to 50Hz speed.

Post by blindpainkiller »

I'm soon going to record some Megadrive and Master System soundtracks with Fusion (with the new filter it sounds fantastic). Because I'm from Sweden I have always liked the 50Hz versions of soundtracks better (even though they sometimes are really slow :)). In some games it's no problem because they have proper sound tests (like in Sonic 1), but some games (like Road Rash 2 and some Master System games) have not. In that case I must use the VGM ROM builder. Problem is that then I can't (as far as I know) get the VGMs to play at 50Hz speed. No matter what is written im the rate field in VGMTool they'll play at the same rate, which is on purpose, since it's the player that's supposed to control the rate.
Do you guys know any way to "convert" 60Hz files to 50Hz speed? Oh yeah, and using in_vgm or similar is of course not an option since it doesn't have the great YM2612 core and the filter.
I don't think it's possible, but if you know a way it would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.
TmEE

Post by TmEE »

You cannot convert a 60Hz VGM to 50Hz, you need to log it as 50Hz VGM.

luckily that awful filtering cannot end up in the VGM... The sound without that filter is how YM2612 actually sounds... enabling the filter will make it sound like a MD2 with its POOR analog part would (but without distortions that). I made an audio mod for MD to get it sound as good as emulators would...
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)