A tune from S&K PC done on MD

Talk about anything and everything about Sega's 16 Bit console and its addons here - hardware, games, memories. You name it.
TmEE

A tune from S&K PC done on MD

Post by TmEE »

anyway, enjoy, I sure do :D
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/SKPC101.OGG

Can anyone tell me what tune it is in the game ? I know its BGM 44....

Here's a VGM too, but the HW recording above is preferred option.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/SKPC101.VGZ
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

I never heard this once in game, so I am assuming it's a song that got scrapped.I like the slower tempo your version has, awesome stuff.What program did you make these with?
TmEE

Post by TmEE »

The tempo is slower because I don't have infinite speed settings, things are based on a 49.4Hz timer... I will enable adjustment of the base timer in futher versions of my sound setup so all stuff can be made with perfect speeds. I like the the tune slower though :)

small update : http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/SKPC1012.ogg
(tweaked detunes in the end and changed panning in one part).

Its all made in MD Tracker 0.6a, a Work in Progress tracker for MD that is currently MS-DOS only and stays so until PC2MD is worked out.
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
Richter X

Post by Richter X »

Wow, it still sounds better than even foo_gep.
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

The most accurate methods of playback are standalone. Generally.

Awesome tune! This was one of those cool bonus songs present in the S&K Collection Sound Test. Funny how Sega didn't have the rights to arrange songs containing (Michael Jackson's...?) voice samples for MIDI, so we got a few extra original songs.

EDIT: I've erased the blatant insult. My "humor" is definitely not funny. I should be more thoughtful about what I post.
kode54
New Around Here

Post by kode54 »

Merely a limitation of Game_Music_Emu. I've changed it so the effects controls now apply to VGM and GYM, but they only affect the PSG, not the FM or PCM channels. I don't really feel like making a generic equalizer for those, so you'll have to live with that limitation. Or use some other VGM player, that is why I make format support entirely optional.
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

Actually, what I dislike the most about foo_gep is the fact that it's only for foobar2000 = stiff. XMPlay = flexible and is the best.

(Last I checked, some popular GBS tunes didn't play correctly. Pokemon R/B/Y noise was messed up I think.)
kode54
New Around Here

Post by kode54 »

Although I have no interest in making a native XMPlay input plug-in, I'm sure somebody could be persuaded to do that. I'm not even sure it natively supports multiple sub-songs per file, since the input SDK is available by request only.
Knurek
New Around Here

Post by Knurek »

It does support them, even for Winamp plugins.