VGMTool and Capcom CPS1 .CYM files

Talk about anything and everything about Sega's 16 Bit console and its addons here - hardware, games, memories. You name it.
DJTone
New Around Here

VGMTool and Capcom CPS1 .CYM files

Post by DJTone »

I know this partially has nothing to do with Sega Genesis, but has anyone ever had converted .CYM files > VGM files?

Here's my issue:
1. On the "Winkawaks" emulator, I had used the log YM2151 command on some Capcom CPS1 tunes (which creates .CYM files), then after converting the CYM to VGZ on VGMTool, the VGM file sounds screwed up several octaves. That never happens with Sega Genesis VGM files.

2. Then I convert them to .OPM on shiru's "VGM2OPM" and when I load them into VOPM, my samples have this nasty reverb that's seems impossible to fix.
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

CYM conversion to VGM ought to be fairly simple, but I hardly tested it. It might be an issue with the YM2151 cores used by different players.
neologix

Post by neologix »

1. which version of vgmtool are you using? one of the updates i made to it (i posted an incomplete version that should contain said update on smspower) was cleaning up cym conversion, and every cym i tested was logged from kawaks as well. also keep in mind that the only version of in_vgm that plays ym2151 vgms is the version before in_vgm2.

2. i always thought that vgm2opm attempted to rip ym2612 presets to opm to simulate ym2151 patches as opposed to attempting to rip ym2151 patches themselves. in any case, you may want to either make sure you don't have an extra reverb effect on the audio track in your DAW or give shiru a buzz and let him know abt this.