In Memory of The Mega Drive: A Music Tribute Album

Talk about anything and everything about Sega's 16 Bit console and its addons here - hardware, games, memories. You name it.
aliasdavis
New Around Here

In Memory of The Mega Drive: A Music Tribute Album

Post by aliasdavis »

Hello all. My name is Brian Davis and I have been covering/remixing classic video game songs for a few years. Recently I've made an entire album dedicated to the Sega Genesis. I plan on giving it away for free so I thought a good way to promote would be by posting here.

It is currently awaiting one final step, i.e. the artwork for the cover. You can listen to a few songs (in fantastically poor youtube quality unfortunately) and follow my twitter for updates, videos, pictures and such if you'd like some more info.

I'll be sure to let everyone know when it is completed!

http://twitter.com/GenesisTribute

Phantasy Star 3 Town Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqF22CuMOiM

Gunstar Heroes Title Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKbhhj7yTU
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

Not bad stuff. I did a few Genesis remixes myself, though they're probably nowhere near as good as what you put out. :p

If you'd like to give them though, here ya go:

Ristar - Splash Down!!
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Chrome Gadget Zone "Act 2 Remix"
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Hydrocity Zone Act 2 Smooth Jazz Remix

I'm not a very serious musician at all (I dabble in it at most) so if they're crap, that's why. :p

That said, definitely let us know when you release it. Bonus points if it's in FLAC or some other lossless format. :)
aliasdavis
New Around Here

Post by aliasdavis »

Monkeymook wrote:Nice to meet you. When you get the album done, please don't hesitate to post it. :)

Also, what tools did you use to compose it?

By tools I'm guessing you mean equipment? Well I use Nuendo as my DAW and the interface I used is an M-Audio 1814. I few tracks on the album have software drums but the majority of them are real. Aside from the real guitar and bass I use a handful of softsynths and sometimes I use Reason as well.
aliasdavis
New Around Here

Post by aliasdavis »

Dark Pulse wrote:Not bad stuff. I did a few Genesis remixes myself, though they're probably nowhere near as good as what you put out. :p

If you'd like to give them though, here ya go:

Ristar - Splash Down!!
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Chrome Gadget Zone "Act 2 Remix"
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Hydrocity Zone Act 2 Smooth Jazz Remix

I'm not a very serious musician at all (I dabble in it at most) so if they're crap, that's why. :p

That said, definitely let us know when you release it. Bonus points if it's in FLAC or some other lossless format. :)

Thanks for sharing! For just "dabbling" this is quite good. The album will definitely be in a high quality format btw. Most likely FLAC:D
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

aliasdavis wrote:Thanks for sharing! For just "dabbling" this is quite good. The album will definitely be in a high quality format btw. Most likely FLAC:D
Good to hear that. I loves me some lossless. :)

There's some others in that folder as well (non-Genesis related), but I'd say this one's probably my magnum opus so far:

Castlevania Circle of the Moon - Clockwork (Time's Anxiety Remix)

For the record, the original song is markedly different.