VGM In Mp3 format

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
Freakyboy
New Around Here

VGM In Mp3 format

Post by Freakyboy »

Does anybody know how to put VGM in Mp3 format?
stimmo

Post by stimmo »

hmm could have sworn that was already answered on the forum some time before but since ii'm super awesome....

you can use winamp to make wav files by going into preferences and then to the outout section and selecting nullsoft disk writer configuring it then simply telling winamp to play it (dont forget to set it back to normal output afterward)

then just get a program that can convert wav to mp3 and have fun listening to some outrun musics while driving down the freeway
GameSlosh! GET YUR GAMES AND GET YUR SLOSHED!
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

Get the latest Winamp, find some way to "register" it to get MP3 encoding unlocked (or see if you can be happy with M4A, AAC, OGG, FLAC, etc), get the current beta of in_vgm, and you will have the ability to right-click -> send to -> transcode. Or, look up "out_lame".
wayamy27narf
New Around Here

Post by wayamy27narf »

NEWBIE ALERT

OK, I have winamp pro and the plug-in from here.
It plays great and converts into an mp3 wonderfully, but I want know if there is way to match the song duration.
For example Super Hang-On "Outride a Crisis" is 5:02 when I play it, but only half (2:37) when I convert it.
So, can someone help me?
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

It must not be encoding the loop?
Christuserloeser
New Around Here

Post by Christuserloeser »

Hey, we really need a standard for recording these songs.
muteKi
New Around Here

Post by muteKi »

Use an output plugin like the Lame MP3 plugin or the wave out plugin that comes standard. That will fully support whatever settings you have for looping and such, which aren't preserved when encoding via the format converter right-click menu.
wayamy27narf
New Around Here

Post by wayamy27narf »

<tinkertinker CRASH randomcomputerblips deepbreath tinkertinkertinker>

YES!!!

THAT'S IT!!
Use an output plugin like the Lame MP3 plugin or the wave out plugin that comes standard.

You deserve a gold star in my book!!

Thanks!!
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

Winamp's selling point REGISTRATION REQUIRED MP3 encoder doesn't even encode 100% of what input plugins produce?

That's really stupid.
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

SmartOne wrote:Winamp's selling point REGISTRATION REQUIRED MP3 encoder doesn't even encode 100% of what input plugins produce?

That's really stupid.
Could always just rip to WAV and then use something good, like dbPowerAmp, to transcode it to whatever the heck you want.