Where can I find Capcom Qsound?

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
neologix

Post by neologix »

i've been itching to find some QSFs with which to experiment for some time, similar to my research into other game music formats (including vgm). send them my way if you please.

n e o e x -nospam- m a c h i n a at gmail dot com (remove -nospam-, spaces, and replace with appropriate chars)
snakemeat
New Around Here

Post by snakemeat »

You can find most, if not all, known sets here. The only other sets I've seen, contain different, or no, tags).
sreeja
New Around Here

Post by sreeja »

QSound Labs is primarily a developer and provider of audio enhancement technologies for entertainment and communications devices and software. The company is best known as a pioneer of 3D audio effects, beginning with speaker-targeted positional 3D technology applied to arcade video games and professional music and film soundtrack production. The flagship technology first known simply as "QSound" saw its initial commercial application in the early 1990s, notably in Capcom arcade games and on many music releases by prominent artists. The first two QSound album titles were Sting's "The Soul Cages" and Madonna's "The Immaculate Collection."Is it?
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

Yeah that's indeed QSound though I always see it remembered more for providing the sound for the 90s arcade games from Capcom than being remembered for anything else. I didn't know that it was applied to standard music but I'm not much in the way of a music consumer, as it were.
brother-ernest
New Around Here

Post by brother-ernest »

If you have MAME and all the roms you can listen to the music using Bridge M1. works with a lot of arcade machine format.It plays just the music and sound data, pretty cool.
If you havent got the roms its useless.

http://www.e2j.net/downloads.html
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

I'm liking this Bridge M1 program! I just wish I hadn't lost all my MAME roms with my last reformat! Doh!!!!!!
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

BridgeM1 is technically the name of the frontend; the program itself is M1.

But yeah, M1 rules. I went from using NeoJuke to Nebula Jukebox... and once I laid eyes on M1 it's been all over for them. :)