What are you currently playing?

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

His Master System emulation appears to be very good (ApprenticeMinusDS). I may finally play through Phantasy Star now. You can press R to make it skip frames.
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

Trying to beat Batman and Robin, and Valis 3.On another note, does anybody have any information on Jeseper Kyd's Genesis sound driver?
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

Kokujin wrote:Trying to beat Batman and Robin, and Valis 3.On another note, does anybody have any information on Jeseper Kyd's Genesis sound driver?
I have a list where Squarewave took some notes. Sub-Terrania and Adventures of Batman and Robin used the same driver, which he has merely listed as "Zyrinx Custom."

Also using this engine: AWS Pro Moves Soccer, Red Zone. All of those games were composed by Kyd, and they're his entire contributions to the Genesis.
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

Thanks for information.I started a record in Live A Live, I like the short stories, but I don't quite get the battle system yet.
stimmo

Post by stimmo »

just played through mega man legends for the first time in many years and just started in on mega man legends 2
GameSlosh! GET YUR GAMES AND GET YUR SLOSHED!
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

Completed Act Raiser (SNES) in two sittings. I really enjoyed it. You just have to get used to the fairly stiff and primitive action sections. :)

I finally got unstuck in Super Metroid (SNES)! *applause*
No one ever told me that you can Dash by holding the B button. That's what you get when you skip the most influential game in the whole Metroid series, I guess.

I got ahold of a copy of Jet Force Gemini (N64). I'm having trouble "getting into it." This problem occurs more often as I get older...
muteKi
New Around Here

Post by muteKi »

I have seriously started playing Super Mario 64 in quite some time, and I find Mario's general lack of maneuverability horribly annoying. (You have to face the same way you jump? I guess I can understand that to a point, but most of the time there's no room to turn around!)
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

Yeah SM64 didn't age well at all, but it was the bomb back in '96.I beat Valis 3 yesterday, and I'm going to try finish Landstalker tonight.
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

I ended up starting Summon Night: Swordcraft Story the other day so, in addition to that and Etrian Odyssey, I'm going to end up starting ObsCure. Most of this was decided by the conversation centered around Haunting Ground that I was involved in earlier today, as well as wanting to play the sequel right after.
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

Super Metroid was good.

Super Castlevania IV was good until level 8, the Catecombs. I just couldn't keep playing through the long levels just to die at a specific place and be sent back to the beginning. I was playing on Virtual Console, so no savestates.

Time to maybe attempt Ys Book 1 and 2 and Dracula X with the spankin' new Magic Engine.