What are you currently playing?

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

I guess I'll get it and it's sequel then.I been playing Oblivion for a while now, but I am not liking it as much as Morrowind, I don't know if its the setting or what, but something is just missing.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

Etrian Odyssey is slow-going. you have to re-enter the dungeons a lot and walk through the maze all over again, a lot. Don't get it if you don't like simple turn based battles. I don't even like turn based battles but I like mazes.
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

Yeah it's not purely murderous like some games like that can be, but it's also more challenging than the retooling of Baroque, wherein I tanked through multiple floors with no problem and constantly had to throw stuff at enemies for fun because I had way too much in my inventory. It was somewhat amusing to see something explode from me throwing a jacket at it though.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

Looks at videos of it from this guy if you want to know what it's like:

http://www.youtube.com/user/watashihaishi

HEre's a video from the sequel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x-by2wswWM
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

Wow, that looks really old school, kind of reminds me of Phantasy Star, thanks for the info, I'll get both of them.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

Just get one of them! What if you don't like it?
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

Yeah, thats a good idea, I'll just get the first one for know.I finally beat Alien Soldier today, I just sat down gave it some time, and did it.I know realize I am running out of difficult Genesis games to play, if you know of any, drop me a line.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

Hmm dunno, how about Contra Hard Corps (U.S.), The Immortal, Gaiares, Lightening Force, maybe Earnest Evans? I can never get very far in Alisia Dragoon or Misadventures of Flink, but I'm not that good at games. Out of this World was always really hard. Needed a walkthrough for that. "Strike" games were hard to me too (Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, etc)
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

I've played some of the ones you've listed, but I have never heard of Alisia Dragoon or the Misadventures of Flink.I might give those a try.Thanks.
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

I used to love playing Alisia Dragoon when I was younger and still do at times. It's one of the few games that I own that I slowly improved at as the years passed.