Animated Movies

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
SmartOne

Animated Movies

Post by SmartOne »

I love animated movies. Especially ones by Don Bluth. Disney is of course great too, but I prefer the more classic 2D animations to the newfound obsession with Pixar.

This topic is random, but I'm feeling particularly sappy.
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

There's no shame in that, as I'm a fan of Don Bluth and Pixar films as well. There's just something simple and clean to them that allow me to enjoy those movies whenever I see them.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

I uesd to love Robin Hood as a kid. Here's a good scene from that:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XSXM3Zg0eBo

Sappy, yes!

And here's something funny,

Pat Buttram, voice of the Sheriff of Nottingham, tells a dirty joke at a Friar's Club Roast for Rich Little.

My favorite Disney movie was always Dumbo, or the Transformers one. "Angry Video Game Nerd" James Rolfe did a good review of the Transformers Movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Ss4voCwzI

I'm looking at videos of Secret of NIMH now. This looks good.

\
favorite sad scene from Dumbo :)

I think my favorite animated movie is Heavy Traffic. I'm not sure how popular that one is. I also like Galaxy Express 999 and probably I'd like all those other Matsumoto movies (and comics).
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

An American Tail
All Dogs Go to Heaven
The Pebble and the Penguin
(Don Bluth)

There's really too many great Disney movies to list. Love Dumbo, Lion King, etc. etc.
101 Dalmations was recently restored. One of my favorites that (I think) most people don't know about is A Goofy Movie. It's so funny!

There's so many disney movies that I saw as a kid and never owned. One thing I can't stand about Disney is their elitist "Movie Vault" so they can manipulate demand. I would like to buy the 1950's Fantasia, but it's "locked away."

I'm sick of Pixar. All the movies pretty much look the same.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

It's not on ebay?
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

I loved Don Bluth films when I was growing up, the thing about them is that you can still them watch them as an adult and still enjoy them.