New to PJ-2612

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
HasteInTime
New Around Here

New to PJ-2612

Post by HasteInTime »

:huh: There doesn't seem to be a "introduction" thread, here ... hmm.

:D Anyway! its good to be here, I'm very glad to see a site dedicated to music besides Zophar.net- I think that there should be more places like this. Where Game Music & its Fx are shared freely.

"Heylo!" (Hello) I am Haste in Time, "the" one and only. What that means: Is, that I have been working on a project of my own, called "Cassius" that involves use parts of the files shared here and else where for entertainment and educational purposes. I'm a gamer by heart since the very first day I played my Asteroids cabinet at my home where I grew up, all the way to the NES and up from there. These days I have a Gmail.com & other various game accounts. Also I use a YouTube, Twitter, & Facebook page for my X360's avatar. All of them do use my main tag-identity from the X360 & Sony's PS3 being Haste in Time (360) or if not it's "HaseInTime" (like my Ps3 one). I love to play a variety of games on both PC, Systems, & Consoles. I also consider myself to be by my own definition a 'core' gamer. Not to be confused with the traditional "hardcore" or "casual" its a mutual middle definition of sorts in short. I also use a short tag: HiT which is of course short for "Haste in Time".

:ring: I look forward to conversing with most of you, about PJ-2612 & music files for games everywhere. Including on how I might be able to utilize/use them.

:undecided: I do have a query (Question) though;
Where are the files for the arcade port of Battle-Tech for the Sega Gens? (I have not seen any, not even under the "Mech-Warrior" name)
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Re: New to PJ-2612

Post by dissident93 »

Hello there. : )

This site is pretty much dead though. The admins haven't even been on since last April.

And the reason you don't see the game is because it's not been logged yet, and most likely never will unless somebody gets an itching for logging it.
HasteInTime
New Around Here

Post by HasteInTime »

Hmm, okay so its practically near death you say? Would a YouTube campaign advert help? I can do that, for free. If that is alright with the Admins here of course. As long as it brings in others interested in this type of genre in music. Which I believe has been nicknamed "Chiptune" but I prefer to say "Chiptone" since I believe that tone is a better accuracy than tune really is.

I've made some good progress with my Project Cassius too, any sound loss rate was negligible at the very least. I had used the program Sound Forge to capture the WAV audio on my sound card from W7, then converted it into a .MP3 file. The file played back beautifully. So it works, but Sound Forge can only record each track that gets played back individually. Also, I am using Audio Overload as the audio player. So there is that. I'll make a new-post as I promised with more details on it when possible.

Meanwhile: What would be the best player and/or plugin to use for a .VGZ file playback overall?

:) Thank you!
ValleyBell
Board Regular

Post by ValleyBell »

I don't think that advertising would help - not if there are no Admins around.
But I would be very grateful, if you could advertise vgmrips. We're a quite young site, so we could benefit a lot from some advertisement. And it's currently the most active VGM-site.

The best players are VGMPlay and in_vgm. Both use the same code for VGM/VGZ playback, so aside from the UI, there's no difference between them.
HasteInTime
New Around Here

Post by HasteInTime »

ValleyBell wrote:I don't think that advertising would help - not if there are no Admins around.
But I would be very grateful, if you could advertise vgmrips. We're a quite young site, so we could benefit a lot from some advertisement. And it's currently the most active VGM-site.

The best players are VGMPlay and in_vgm. Both use the same code for VGM/VGZ playback, so aside from the UI, there's no difference between them.

Well I was about to make post on PJ Cassius here, but I could help your site out. It might be for the better since I just started to run my own forum for my Invite only Community Club (clan) recently, I call RFM or "Rated for Mature" in full. Just like America's ESRB "Rated-M" logo, for ages 17n-up. Anyway, I'm sure your members would enjoy this freely. Kinda like a partnership of sorts, this would allow them to talk about subjects other than just music & stay up to date on current gen games too. I kinda needed a Forum Moderator for Chiptone music, I think its great your all from the outside the US. .

:D What I meant is its possible that both Groups probably would love the idea.That of your group logging-in sharing, compiling, conversing & relaxing with us at the end of it, if they wish. Mostly us, since we're just older core gamers made of mostly English speaking Americans that love the good old times & we often hold Lan Parties too. In order to re-live those golden moments again.

I doubt my group that most of them they'd get it right away like I do, but a few I personally know including my right hand man of RFM Magoratti, which I nicked him my "General" of RFM informally. I know that he would catch on right away definitely, since he loves all music and has his very own studio as a full-time business when he isn't gaming or working at his night-shift. Since we are invite only at RFM. I usually hand pick the members of RFM to avoid dramatic disruption or chaos. It's like an extension of family for us. If you do have a few questions I would suggest PMing me. Also, I can answer quicker from my email, since I check that more often than I do here.

Is this idea okay? That is, the idea to allow members both from RFM to VGZ-Rips to come and go & vice-verse. Or I can PM you my Email Address to talk more details on this.
Also, I'm sure that you would want time to ask about this with others, after all its their choice too. In addition, I'd advert your forum either way, I love good chip-music myself as well.

:) Thanks for the help;

-#HiT-
nineko

Post by nineko »

Hi,

ValleyBell and I are the maintainers of vgmrips as of now.
dissident93
Been Here for a Bit

Post by dissident93 »

haha who said I'm from outside the US? xD

But I truly wonder when/if the admins will sign again. I still have loads of updates I've yet to even upload on the fourms.