Jurassic Park Rampage Edition music

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

I'd say because everyone has different tastes. I mean, I like the music from Todd's Adventures in Slime World and I know that music is shitty.
SmartOne

asdf

Post by SmartOne »

MisterHarlequin wrote:I'd say because everyone has different tastes. I mean, I like the music from Todd's Adventures in Slime World and I know that music is shitty.

That doesn't make any sense.
MisterHarlequin

Then you've never met anyone that likes, say, b-movies for instance, because of the "so horrible that it's charming" feeling. And that music has a "charm" all its own, I can say that much.
AxelStone

Dude

Post by AxelStone »

That is all well and good however, simply put, Rampage edition sucks. Ask anyone who have played both and unanimously you will find players prefer Lost World - better music, better graphics, better gameplay and ultimately what makes Lost World superior over Rampage edition is simply that you can actually play Lost World.
I wish the tooth fairy would leave a nomad under my pillow...
MisterHarlequin

Your opinion is fine, but just don't forget that some people enjoy the bad stuff for the mere fact of it being bad. Plus, some people can actually have fond memories of something because they grew up with it, despite how bad it is.
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

Pardon me, but what is this "Lost World" you're talking about? If I remember correctly, there were only two Jurassic Park games on the Genesis.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, of course... I don't know everything.
Nisto
New Around Here

Post by Nisto »

I hope this bump is forgiven, but I too would really like to have a dump of the music of this game. I've got the knowledge, but I have only been able to find the "proper" loop/end times of just a pair of songs that hasn't already been dumped. So I was wondering if someone could please, make a dump of this game, since I'm so horrible at finding the correct loop/end times.

Thanks in advance.
Glisp
New Around Here

Post by Glisp »

You are in luck. I've just finished one. I also have 320 KBPS Mp3 dumps aready uploaded onto the internet as well.

You can get the Mp3 dumps here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dumukgbunmo
The file size is only large because of the fact it has music tracks exclusive to some of the leaked prototype builds and it also has The original Sega Genesis JP soundtrack and prototype music tracks in it too.

I'll work on polishing the Vgms and reripping certain ones, I'll upload them as well. I've also got some other game soundtracks as well that nobody has. (I've checked.)

Edit: @Dark Pulse: There is a Lost World game. I believe it was one of the last few North American Genesis games if I'm not mistaken. I'm not saying it was the very last but it was released very close to the end of the console's life span. It seems to be trying to "pretend" to be Oceans original SNES JP title. Its alright (you get to run over dinosaurs with a car. ^_^.). However, I prefer the Blue Sky software titles better. Both games were completed in a short amount of time. The first game actually sold 1.3 million units.

Rampage Edition is based off of an extremely modified and improved version of the original game's engine. (trust me, I've been to the lead programmer's site before.) It had a similar amount of development time compared to the original. Given this short amount of time, the product actually turned out better than the original. Its faster, it runs smoother, and its just completely badass.

Plus considering the limitations of the GEMS sound driver, I think Sam Powell did wonders with the soundtrack. It may not be your thing but its definately pretty fast paced and bad ass. Listen to the Cargo Ship Interior theme for instance. That's probably my favorite track in the who game. Just don't listen to the soundtrack on PAL consoles, it ruins it. (plays too slow.)

@axelstone: The JPRE main theme's heavy metal sound would like to have a word with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1fF3DSErK4

Let's not neglect the Cargo Ship and Cargo Ship Interior Themes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty7FEY8vMxc

Edit: PS these were terrible 128 KBPS Mp3 rips made more than a year ago. I have since reripped them for better quality and didn't rape them with Audacity this time around.
l11l1VeNoM1l11l
New Around Here

Uh...amazing up!

Post by l11l1VeNoM1l11l »

I can't believe no one responded to this. Both Jurassic Park AND JP: Rampage Edition were SOLID titles with amazing music. I've never even heard the beta stuff - just listening to it now for the first time. Thanks so much! Perfect rips, everything sounds great!
l11l1VeNoM1l11l
New Around Here

Post by l11l1VeNoM1l11l »

Oh, I actually found a guy on YouTube a few weeks ago and asked him to remake the Vistor Center level from JP1 and he uploaded it shortly after. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVWNV_ZP_rs

He also did every song from Maximum Carnage and the intro to Spider-Man & X-Men in Arcade's Revenge.

I also just got done writing an email to Sam Powell to ask if he knows of any good remixes of the JP tracks or if he's done any himself. I'll let you know what he says.