Packs that need work. [May 4th, 2018]

Got a new set? Wanna point something out with an old set? Wanna update an existing set? Here's your place to do it!
Ghost
New Around Here

Packs that need work. [June 23rd, 2017]

Post by Ghost »

Monkeymook wrote:EDIT: I reached out to the owner of the Moonwalker cartridge a few months ago on Youtube, and through a friend of them on Reddit, but have gotten no response since then.
It's been dumped.

Admin edit: Fixed quote.
jizames
New Around Here

Post by jizames »

This is something I've been wanting to point out for years but finally got around to doing now. Go Straight from the Streets of Rage 2 set is incorrect, as the first minute and a half does NOT loop into itself. The vgm should have been recorded at a minimum of 3 minutes. At the point where the beat drops (roughly the 30 second mark), the tune that follows (:30-1:00) differs from the one that plays at 1:59-2:29 in-game and in the game's sound test. In-game, you only ever hear the first minute and a half play once. Please listen to this snippet for a comparison of the tune that plays in the in first minute with the one that plays in the second loop (headphones will make it easy to distinguish):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DAP9_5yX1-oAgdgBFkfPEx1VU32YjLG-/view

The correct intro length for Go Straight should be 1:29, with 1:30-2:59 (which must be re-recorded) being the correct loop length.
Monkeymook

Packs that need work. [June 23rd, 2017]

Post by Monkeymook »

Ghost wrote:
Monkeymook wrote:EDIT: I reached out to the owner of the Moonwalker cartridge a few months ago on Youtube, and through a friend of them on Reddit, but have gotten no response since then.
It's been dumped.

Admin edit: Fixed quote.

Thanks for letting me know! I have the ROM now, and if I can get around to these other packs, I may work on getting it added in!

Also, thanks for the update, jizames! I'll see if I can get the track properly logged for the SoR2 set (in time).
Despatche
New Around Here

Post by Despatche »

Hi, hoping this is the right place. Seems the Sega Channel pack doesn't work right. Apparently the YM2612 sound was accidentally disabled altogether in the v1.10 update that added the composer.
Richter X

Post by Richter X »

Sonic 3 & Knuckles might need an update, if not a new set altogether as the rare November 3rd, 1993 Prototype has finally been found and dumped. Most of the soundtrack is slightly different from the final release, and some tracks are completely different from final version as it seems to be before Michael Jackson and his composers got involved. The prototype itself was made before the split, so all the tracks and stages are on one ROM.
Rapidkirby3k

Post by Rapidkirby3k »

The Adventures of Batman & Robin - Ending

As I already went ahead and fixed the 'Ending' theme a while back, I actually had this sitting in my MediaFire archives for some time now, although I'm not sure if I posted this here yet. Either way, please let me know! :cool:
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

A kind user reported to us the following issues with Sonic 3 & Knuckles:

Launch Base Act 2: The tom-tom drums start too early.
Mushroom Hill Act 1: The very first bass drum hit is either too loud, or there is a snare drum mistakingly coupled with it.
Slot Machine: There is a drum hit that sounds off right in the beginning of the track.
"Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others"

Founder of the 16-bit audiophile project
http://16bap.theclassicgamer.net
blindpainkiller

Post by blindpainkiller »

donluca wrote:A kind user reported to us the following issues with Sonic 3 & Knuckles:

Launch Base Act 2: The tom-tom drums start too early.
Mushroom Hill Act 1: The very first bass drum hit is either too loud, or there is a snare drum mistakingly coupled with it.
Slot Machine: There is a drum hit that sounds off right in the beginning of the track.

This is, as far as I know, related to the fact that Kega's VGM logging is a bit problematic which leads to the beginning of tracks sounding off in some players (in_vgm using the extremely accurate Nuked OPN2 core is merciless in dectecting these). Sonic 3 & Knuckles suffers from this in many tracks but there are quite a few other packs that has this issue also. As far as I know the only way to fix this is to re-rip the packs.
donluca
Been Here for a Bit

Post by donluca »

blindpainkiller wrote:This is, as far as I know, related to the fact that Kega's VGM logging is a bit problematic which leads to the beginning of tracks sounding off in some players (in_vgm using the extremely accurate Nuked OPN2 core is merciless in dectecting these). Sonic 3 & Knuckles suffers from this in many tracks but there are quite a few other packs that has this issue also. As far as I know the only way to fix this is to re-rip the packs.

Thanks for the input... any idea what's been used nowadays to accurately log VGM? I might do this myself just to fix our release since I know almost nothing about VGM ripping/trimming/looping.
"Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others"

Founder of the 16-bit audiophile project
http://16bap.theclassicgamer.net
blindpainkiller

Post by blindpainkiller »

donluca wrote:
blindpainkiller wrote:This is, as far as I know, related to the fact that Kega's VGM logging is a bit problematic which leads to the beginning of tracks sounding off in some players (in_vgm using the extremely accurate Nuked OPN2 core is merciless in dectecting these). Sonic 3 & Knuckles suffers from this in many tracks but there are quite a few other packs that has this issue also. As far as I know the only way to fix this is to re-rip the packs.

Thanks for the input... any idea what's been used nowadays to accurately log VGM? I might do this myself just to fix our release since I know almost nothing about VGM ripping/trimming/looping.

No, sorry I don't. I just remember reading this over at VGMRips forum (in the thread about in_vgm I believe). I think it was ValleyBell that wrote it so he likely knows.