What are you currently playing?

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

Been playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 lately, waiting for the Scout update.I beat Monster World IV a couple nights ago.I also started playing the Witcher again.
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

Ooo I need to play Monster World IV on my newly modded Genese 1 HD with S-video! :sonic: I should play all of those games. Are they long/difficult?

Going to play Ys I + II Eternal "Complete" eventually. I have the version with crappy 22.05 kHz WAVs. :(
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

I recently beat Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Good game, though the bosses after about halfway through are, fittingly, Nintendo Hard.
DeepChild

Post by DeepChild »

Yeah, Ecclesia is beating me down pretty hard. I had to put it away for a bit as that "shadow master" guy in the castle is frustrating me. I love the game though, as I do most in the series.

I've been playing Disgaea DS lately, and that game is sucking most of my free time. It makes for a great pick up and play game, though it's one that easily lends itself to hundreds of hours of overall play. I also like it because there don't seem to be "permanent" decisions involved in character development so you won't find yourself wishing you'd done X instead of Y and want to start over.

On the PC front I'm playing Red Alert 3 and running through the Japanese campaign. I love the flexibility of the units even though they seem like they're made of paper when pitted directly against the soviets. Plus, I'm a big Robotech/Macross fan, so the fact that the Tengu units are basically VX Valkyries makes my day.
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

Since I've been sick this week and because the music was in my head, I've been playing Rez and unlocking various things.
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

Nice choice. The only way I get to play Rez is with SwapMagic on my flip-top modded fat PS2.

Why won't they release Rez HD for PS3??? Xbox 360 sucks.
muteKi
New Around Here

Post by muteKi »

Playing Phantasy Star II 'cause I bought a cartridge of it on eBay. Pretty hard, actually. Will play Phantasy Star IV after that, and then Shining Force CD and Lunar Eternal Blue.

Looking into getting the Shining Force titles, and then maybe Vectorman.
neologix

Post by neologix »

to me, the hardest part of phantasy star 2 has always been the walking speed. i can't stand it anymore without an emulator that allows speeding up the game.

now, phantasy star 4, OTOH, i can play dozens and dozens of times and love it every single time. i bought a cartridge off half.com (ebay) a couple years ago for abt US$35, have sega genesis collection for ps2, and there's the rom in kega. love it.
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

I consider Phantasy Star II one of my biggest gaming accomplishments. Brutal. Grind. Don't know how anyone can stomach Phantasy Star III. I tried playing IV a long time ago and got bored. Maybe I should try again...?
muteKi
New Around Here

Post by muteKi »

It's actually pretty enjoyable and nowhere near as difficult as the other games in the series. A lot more story, too.

If you end up enjoying it you should look into playing the Lunar titles as well, since they're similar in terms of difficulty and storyline length.