What are you currently playing?

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
DeepChild

Post by DeepChild »

PSII was my first experience with a real RPG. Needless to say my appreciation for the game is enormous. I love the music, the story, the battles, the graphics, everything. The title music is still one of my all-time favorite tracks. The difficulty was definitely there, but it was no match for a kid in gradeschool with unlimited free time.

PSIII was more of a step sideways in my opinion. I really enjoyed the game actually, and the multiple branching paths actually switch up the game and story in interesting ways. The music isn't as iconic to me, and the battle music is just down right annoying at times. Nevertheless, I absolutely loved the game.

Unfortunately I missed PSIV on the genesis. I've since picked it up on emulation, but I've yet to complete it. Everytime I find myself begining to grind, my motivation is sucked away. I may just break down and cheat my way through in order to experience what I can only assume is a great story.

Shining Force was the first SRPG I played, and it's the reason I came to enjoy that genre so much.

Add to those Landstalker as my favorite action RPG on the system, and the genesis had the role-playing category covered in spades.
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

DeepChild wrote:I've since picked it up on emulation, but I've yet to complete it. Everytime I find myself begining to grind, my motivation is sucked away. I may just break down and cheat my way through in order to experience what I can only assume is a great story.

Are you me?

If you cheat, there goes the experience, though I cheated through Ys III and IV (TG-16) and still enjoyed them. Honestly playing would have been better.
killtodeath08
New Around Here

Post by killtodeath08 »

Gondeneye on the N64 - kicking my missus' ass lol!
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

Finished Shadow of the Colossus. Highly recommended. There's a few frustrating parts because it's sometimes hard to figure out exactly what to do, and the horse riding and general horse AI could have been less stupid, but still a great game.

Gave up on Mega Man 9. :cry: It's the first game in the series I haven't completed. I just can't stand the tediousness of it. This is 2009. Why don't they let you save after each Wily stage so you can turn the game off and rest your mind without losing all your progress? I've had it with the cheap deaths. There are death trap spikes and pits everywhere. I also dislike how Capcom treated the game as a parody of the previous games. They made it like 4 - 8 never happened. The plot is unbelievably lame. Wily 3 boss was the farthest I got. :(
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

The only thing I hate about MM9 is the lack of sliding.Lord knows why they took that out.I've been playing Neverwinter Nights a lot lately, I only wish I had bought it when it came out.
neologix

Post by neologix »

don't you know? mm4 - 8 DID never happen. :ring:
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

I've been playing Left 4 Dead with my roommate, and maybe I'll screw around in the Devil May Cry games soon, since I finally bought the fourth one for pretty cheap.
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

For the record, I made it to the Final Boss in Mega Man 9. The first form that spits exploding eggs at you. Stupid.
DeepChild

Post by DeepChild »

Kokujin wrote:I've been playing Neverwinter Nights a lot lately, I only wish I had bought it when it came out.

I've been hooked on NWN multiplayer for a few years now. It's amazing to me that the game is nearly 7 years old, free to play online, and I've yet to find a suitable replacement.

I've recently tossed in the DS remake of FF IV into my juggling act. I've read a few reviews that mention increased difficulty, and I've got to say it's a relief to discover it's not just me. The enhanced presentation and script have made the experience well worth while to me though.

Disgaea's story continues to amuse me, and the character development options have proven fun to explore.
Kokujin
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kokujin »

Have you played NWN2, because I have been thinking about picking it up, but wasn't sure if it was any good.