What are you currently playing?

Anything else goes here that doesn't fit in the first two categories.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

I'm itchin to get a Playstation 3 RIGHT NOW, just whip out that credit card, inter it into Amazon and away we go, BUT...

what games?

I was thinking demon's souls, something by Jaffe, and uhh umm I dunno. Mars Attacks? that's not a game. Hmm. What was I thinking. I guess something Star Wars or something.

Anyway, whats yall's favorites? Especially your top three. (For this system).

I kind of want -- no, I really do want -- that 4x4 racing game simylator .... let me see if I can find the yt link I liked.

(I don't really like to play ball; I just like to do my own thing).

Oh yeah, MX vs ATV: Reflex... had to look it up on Dave Halverson's staff page (http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.Staff&staffid=1) ((I notice he's still listing 7TH DRAGON as like something he's "looking forward to" :) -- maybe that could help promote the game so that it eventually does come out? Hey, why not as some kind of download-game on a futuristic version of the DS?!?! YEAH! heh actually I just threw away my Japanese copy in the trash yesterday. I was like, "why did I buy this?"))

ANYWAY... less insanity... back to the train of thought: that cool game, the 4x4 one, for the PS3, here's the cool video: love this stuff:

damn it, I can't find it. It was in the snow, and it was cool. DAMN IT WHY DO PEOPLE PUT UP SO MANY DAMN VIDEOS??

I think I shoulnt get this system. I'm just too old to understand what these damn kiids are up to these days. I'm 27, man!
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

crap!

http://davidjaffe.biz/

(can't link

"funeral for a friend" :( No calling all cars anymore?!?! and i never go tto play it

oh well, just a game
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk0T2gLXAlU

You gentiles are going to pay for this.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

like 5 dollars
DeepChild

Post by DeepChild »

SmartOne wrote:Ugh, Call of Duty Moderner Warfare. Sounds like my roommate. All of the time.

Yeah yeah, I hear ya. Don't worry for me though. I was rescued by Mass Effect 2. <3
Pure joy I tell you. That is, until it's over. Now I'm back to Mass Effect 1 to start all over. *mad laughter*
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

From what I've seen of my roommate playing Mass Effect, it looks like another cheesy, shallow American RPG. The inclusion of sex scenes is unbelievably stupid.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

Lately I've been into Golden Axe, Elemental Master, Raiden Project, Sewer Shark and Mansion of Hidden Souls. But if I had a brand spankin' new computer, I would DEFINITELY get Modern Warfare 2 and maybe Bad Company also. The games they're making these days look amazing!
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

Lately:
  • Puyo Puyo 7, now that it has a translation patch out. I got this on Wi-Fi now, too, so if anyone's interested in a friendly match, get a hold of me on IRC or my XFire or something. Just don't cry if I stomp you flat.
  • Pokemon FireRed. I never beat a Pokemon game (Well, I beat FireRed in 30 hours a couple days ago, but now I'm going through the extra stuff) so I'm going through that. Once the remakes of HeartGold/SoulSilver come out stateside next month, that'll be next, then I'll progress onto the Third-Generation games of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and then the Fourth-Generation Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. By then, the Fifth-Generation ones may be out. A bit late to the game maybe, but what the hell?
  • Battle Moon Wars. Just started that one today. It's like Super Robot Wars but it's a whole bunch of TYPE-MOON universe crossovers, so you get characters from Tsukihime, Melty Blood, Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Stay Night, etc. Here, have a screenshot:

If you can recognize everyone, you're as much of a TYPE-MOON fanboy as I am. The only one you might not recognize is the girl in the Yellow jacket, and that's because she's a new character made for the game.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

I was playing Raiden Project recently. And Sewer Shark. I love Sewer Shark! Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!
DeepChild

Post by DeepChild »

SmartOne wrote:From what I've seen of my roommate playing Mass Effect, it looks like another cheesy, shallow American RPG. The inclusion of sex scenes is unbelievably stupid.

*chuckles*

How terribly open minded of you.

Honestly, my first impression of ME was not positive. The art style looked a little goofy to me. When I finally picked it up last year for $20 I kicked myself for not giving it a chance earlier. The "sex scene" you refer to is hardly that. It's barely more than a "then the lights go out" scene. I don't see the big deal.

But hey, thanks for giving your opinion on something you know almost nothing about. Give your roomate my condolences.