Updated VGM input plugin v0.35

Talk about anything and everything about Sega's 16 Bit console and its addons here - hardware, games, memories. You name it.
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

Well, I even tried typing things in manually and it didn't work. :p
ValleyBell
Board Regular

Post by ValleyBell »

That's strange. VGMPlay should actually work with drop and drop, double-clicking or commandline.
The only thing it doesn't like are quotation marks. Be sure to use them only in the commandline.

Code: Select all

vgmplay "file.vgz"
in cmd works, but

Code: Select all

vgmplay
FileName: "File.vgz"

doesn't.
You also need to remove the quotation marks Windows adds when you drag a file into VGMPlay.

EDIT: It's a little OT, but not enough for a new thread.
I'm currently adding some system names to vgm_tag. Could you please check these names?
Sega MegaCD / SegaCD - メガCD
Sega 32X - スーパー32X
Sega Mega-CD 32X / Sega CD 32X - (I need that. Sorry, but I can't read Japanese and I'm unable to find it on the Jap. Wikipedia page.)
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

ValleyBell wrote:Sega MegaCD / SegaCD - メガCD
Sega 32X - スーパー32X
Sega Mega-CD 32X / Sega CD 32X - (I need that. Sorry, but I can't read Japanese and I'm unable to find it on the Jap. Wikipedia page.)
Sega CD: Correct, it's simply "Mega CD" in Japan, and those are the correct Katakana. (You'll note that's the Japanese name of the system for your Popful Mail set for example.)
32X: Correct, Japan calls it the "Super 32X" and that's the correct Katakana.
32X + CD: Heh... we actually have no 32X + CD game in our database (yet - and to be fair, only six of these were ever made, and only five of those six ever got to America), but in Japan it was called the "Sega Mega-CD 32X" and in Katakana, this would be rendered as "メガCD 32X" of course. :p We do have it set up in the backend, though - we anticipated 32X and Sega CD would eventually get added to the spec, so years ago we prepped for all that. If any of those games support songs under the VGM format, we'll be all set to add them. :)
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

We did nothing - that's all ValleyBell's work on top of Maxim's. They deserve the credit.

We merely distribute the fruits of that labor. :p
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

Monkeymook wrote:Also, OH MY GOD
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

That may be intentional and by design, although I could see why such a thing would be handy.
ValleyBell
Board Regular

Post by ValleyBell »

Ever tried the "Kepp muting on track change" checkbox on the "Playback"-tab?
wounderaser
New Around Here

Post by wounderaser »

it doesn't work for me either.. i also noticed when i'm ripping vgm to mp3, the mp3 is quieter from the 0.34 version. i tried ripping sonic cd tracks from vgm/vgz to mp3 and it's not working. anyone know anything about these issues?
Dark Pulse
Board Regular

Post by Dark Pulse »

Why in god's name would you want to make MP3s of it? :p

That said, if you insist, try normalizing the output volume or something.
wounderaser
New Around Here

Post by wounderaser »

it shouldn't of changed though, but the main issue was that it doesn't play in winamp.. i don't know where to begin to fix it.

why wouldn't i want to make them mp3s? i like listening to chiptunes on my ipod and such, with good rips. i guess i could seek out the osts for the sega cd stuff. no big deal.