most underrated Genesis soundtracks

Talk about anything and everything about Sega's 16 Bit console and its addons here - hardware, games, memories. You name it.
DJ Squarewave

Post by DJ Squarewave »

Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only person who doesn't really like the Pulseman soundtrack. The game itself is fantastic, and the music fits it extremely well, I just can't stand listening to it on its own. Call me lame, but I like his Pokemon soundtracks more. :P

Most of Sakimoto's MD works are pretty amazing. Devilish, Master of Monsters, Midnight Resistance, Verytex, Gauntlet...good god that man could make that sound chip sing.

And to whoever else mentioned Granada: The game is pretty good too! Probably one of the only Wolfteam games that hasn't aged horribly. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
stimmo

Post by stimmo »

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure

maybe not the best full soundtrack but it has a few songs that really

shine (especially the magical moon)

i also really like The Adventures of Batman and Robin

i also enjoy some subterrania music thouhg i loath the game

also red zone....

maybe i just have an unkonwn Jesper Kyd fetish or something...

i scare myself

anyway there are more gooduns but hell if i can think of em
GameSlosh! GET YUR GAMES AND GET YUR SLOSHED!
MisterHarlequin

Post by MisterHarlequin »

I've found myself enjoying alot of the tunes from Wiz 'n Liz. Maybe it's because of the bass in some of the tunes making me biased. Oh, how I love the bass.
stalepie
Been Here for a Bit

Post by stalepie »

DJ Squarewave wrote:And to whoever else mentioned Granada: The game is pretty good too! Probably one of the only Wolfteam games that hasn't aged horribly. :D

Granada is great! I just discovered it a few months ago. The soundtrack is very similar to Final Zone unsurprisingly, although I think I like the latter a bit more. Nonetheless a really good tank shooter that's worth picking up.
Kage
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kage »

I might try downloading the Granada sound track in that case to see what its like :)

I've found myself liking some of the Dynamite Headdy tunes too. In particular, the South Town's Theme.

Sonic 3D's music is really good. Favourites being The Final Fight, Diamond Dusty Zone Act 1, and of course Rusty Ruin Zone Act 1 :D

Oh how I miss the Mega Drive, and the old days...

I'm 20 now :cry:
Ah the good old days... :D
SmartOne

Post by SmartOne »

Kage wrote:Sonic 3D's music is really good. Favourites being The Final Fight, Diamond Dusty Zone Act 1, and of course Rusty Ruin Zone Act 1 :D

What about Panic Puppet Acts 1 and 2? Those songs are awesome. Especially in Fox Audio Player ;)

Gene Gadget and Volcano Valley are also good.
Kage
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kage »

Yeah, i've tried out the Fox Audio Player, and it sounds good.

I can't pinpoint if it sounds better than the winamp vgm in though.
alianger

Post by alianger »

I thought Socket was pretty good, very catchy stuff.
Also agree about Wiz 'n Liz, some excellent songs in that one.

Sub-Terrania, Batman & Robin and the like are too monotonous and bland for me.
Kage
Been Here for a Bit

Post by Kage »

Listening to Socket now, and yeah, I do like some stuff in it. Very catchy indeed :D
Reminds me of a few games in 1... not bad

Haha, Emerald Forest reminds me of a song from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang about the flying car... not a good thing to remember while listening to the song, but its okay :|

EDIT:

I'm listening to a track now I love from Dynamite Headdy - Tower Of Puppet.
Amazing song if you turn the bass up!

Also, Daffy Duck Goes To Hollywood Options~game over music sounds really good
stimmo

Post by stimmo »

alianger wrote:
Sub-Terrania, Batman & Robin and the like are too monotonous and bland for me.

yeah cant say i blame you i for some reason tend to like stuff thats a bit different or something dunno exactly

gotta say Aladdin had some pretty boss tunes (though i dont particularly care for the ones remade from the actual movie)

Dyna Brothers 2 has some particularly bitchin tunes (1 that stands out to me specifically is Your TV No-More Talkin)

of course i love me some splatterhouse 2 and some x-men 2 musics (enough that i actually ripped them for the site which is kinda amazing in itself)

also i loves me some road rash 2 music

i dunno how many of these would be considered underrated or what but its what i like so i'm saying it anyway
GameSlosh! GET YUR GAMES AND GET YUR SLOSHED!